I've been feeling a little sore lately and had a few days off of work so I got to stay home to take it easy and hang out with friends. I especially had a good time mooching off my neighbors the Christensens. Rya and Tieg helped me walk Gizmo a few times and Melissa provided some much needed adult conversations multiple days in a row, even 6 week old Suri let me hold and cuddle her for a few hours over the course of the week. Friday afternoon they invited me to the Walmart ISD family party. I went along as a "mother's helper" and it was great. The kids were able to do whatever they wanted (well almost....Tieg really wanted to climb the rock wall too, but is still a little small for the harness) and it was fun for me to tag along enjoying all the free treats. After the picnic Mark met us for a campfire dinner in their backyard. Our hot dog dinner was finished off with glow-stick dancing and original songs about J Dawgs sauce by Rya. It was quite the dinner & show. Hopefully I'll be able to pay back their hospitality soon!
Poor Gizmo has been getting forced into exercising more than usual lately. The only exercise my RE is allowing me to do is walk and Gizmo LOVES our morning walks. Unfortunately he's not exactly "in shape," so he's having to push himself to keep up. This weekend Mark decided to step it up a notch by taking Gizmo out with the bike. The poor little guy didn't even make it a block before he was ready to slow down - so more walking it is. 
No comments:
Post a Comment