This is me and mom 22 years ago! I was born on my mom's birthday so the 28th of March has always been a big deal around the DeYoung home. This year Mark and I drove to Ogden and celebrated with the family. We were able to go to dinner with my grandmother and great-grandmother. It is so amazing for me to look to my left and see my mom, who is the best in the world. Then look across the table and see Grandma Jennings helping her mom. Grandma Clifton is 99 years old and still amazes me with how smart and on-top-of-it she is. I hope my future children will come to admire my grandma and mother as much as I admire these 3 wonderful women I was able to share my birthday with!It is amazing how different things have changed in the past 22 years! This year Mark made Mom and me Boston Cream Pie for our birthday cake. After dinner at Olive Garden we went to Grandma Jennings' home for cake. We didn't want to burn down the house with 66 candles so instead we only had 14 (okay fourteen must sound weird but we came up with the number by adding the digits of my age to the digits of my mom's 2+2+4+6, creative huh)!
It was the first cake that my mom didn't have to make for herself. Usually she makes a cake for me and that cake ends up being hers too, so that was a change she appreciated.
The other change was that this year I am married. From my birthday it is exactly 1 month until our anniversary. I can't believe it has been that long, but it has, and it has been wonderful!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing! Mother and daughter look so much alike. What a wonderful event to have your birthdays on the same day. To each of you----Happy Birthday!
Mj
Post a Comment